[Troop114] no scout meeting tonight

Troop 114 troop114 at troop114sc.org
Mon May 30 07:06:13 CDT 2016

Just as a heads up to the parents, we had a brain storming session
tonight where all of the scouts could have input on what they would
like to do over the next year or so. Lots of great ideas were brought
up from a thru hike of the AT, the John Muir trail to going to the
Grand Canyon (even a hike of the entire length of the Colorado River
at 4000 miles was brought up... we may want to scale that down just a
little, and I think they just meant the length of the canyon) to
Alaska, Mexico and Peru. Lots of theme parks (Disneyworld, Busch
Gardens, Carowinds, Lego Land, water parks, Gatlinberg) were
mentioned. One of the national High adventure bases, Philmont, out of
4 was mentioned. We even had some generic activities brought up;
canoeing, hiking, biking, scuba diving, fishing, fly fishing.

These ideas and any other ones that the scouts have will be discussed
at the next PLC meeting where we will work on the annual plan for the
troop and start working on how to make small steps to get some of
these done. We won't be able to do all of this but the PLC will come
up with a feasible plan of what they can do, and how they are going to
raise money to pay for it. This plan will be given to the Troop
Committee for review and approval for what they think can be
realistically done and if we can find enough resources (equipment and
adult leaders/volunteers) to support it.

We will start with generic activities that are more local to learn the
basic skills and see where we can go from there.